Mt. Himlung 7126m. Expedition
Duration: 35 Days
Group Size: 5/12 Pax
Trekking Duration: 15 Days
Climbing Duration: 11 Days
Accommodation: Hotel, Lodge, Camp
Max Altitude: Baruntse, 7126m.
Caravan Route: Ktm-Besi shahar-Danakyu-Koto-Phu Gaun- Mt. Himlung Base Camp
Mt. Himlung Himal is one of the recently opened peaks for climbing and is located between Manaslu and Annapurna ranges. This expedition takes you through remote villages Nepal and Tibet border. Passing through two interesting Tibetan villages of Nar and Phu. Base camp will be established at the height of 4900m. Which is located at the upper border of one of pastures belong to Phu.
Normally three high camps will be established to reach the Summit. Camp I at the height of 5450m, Camp II at 6000m and Camp III at 6350m. Our trek starts from Besishahar to BC and will back to same route to Kathmandu.
However, before setting you up for an expedition to Mount Himlung, it's important for us to gain a full understanding of your body's response to altitude and help you gain experience with Himalayan conditions. That's why we highly recommend you to join our preparatory programs of mountaineering, which is conducted in other mountains a bit easier to attempt.
- Day:1 Arrive Kathmandu and tranfer to Hotel
- Day:2 In Kathmandu for official permit procedures
- Day:3 In Kathmandu for official permit procedures
- Day:4 Drive from Kathmandu to Beshishar- Bulbule ( 840m-2755ft)
- Day:5 Trek to Syanje (1100m-3608ft)
- Day:6 Trek to Tal (1700m-5576ft)
- Day:7 Trek to Danakyu ( 2300m-7544ft)
- Day:8 Trek to Koto ( 2600m-8528ft)
- Day:9 Dharamsala (3230m-10,594ft)
- Day:10 Trek to Kyang ( 3820m-12,530ft)
- Day:11 Trek to Phu Gaun ( 4080m-13,382ft)
- Day:12 Rest for acclimatize
- Day:13 Trek to Base Camp.( 4540m-14,891ft)
- Day:14-27 Climbing Period
- Day:28 Trek to Kyang
- Day:29 Trek to Dharamsala
- Day:30 Trek to Danakyu
- Day:31 Trek to Tal
- Day:32 Drive from Beshishar
- Day:33 Driveto Kathmandu
- Day:34 Kathmandu for debriefing
- Day:35 Departure from Kathmandu
Cost Includes Service:
- All ground transfers as per our itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (Bed and breakfast basis) twin sharing room
- Trekking Sherpa, Trekking Sirdar, High Altitude Cook, Kitchen Helpers, High altitude Porters and their daily wages.
- Mount Himlung Royalty fee ,1 Government lesion officer with his daily wages and insurance
- Liaison Officer Fee Including his all expenses, Airfares, foods, insurance and wages).
- National Park Permit Fees, Trekking Permit
- 1 Experienced Climbing Sherpa each two members with their equipments and allowance. (They will continue to the summit for your support).
- 8 Porters going up to transfer the load to Base camp
- 4 Porters return from Base camp
- Three times meal a day till reaching Base Camp and after returning from Base Camp, prepared by our very professional kitchen crew.
- Transportation of all of your gears and our equipments, foods to the Himlung Higher Base Camp (5600m).
- All the Camping & Kitchen Equipment
- 1 Satellite phone for group use if any emergency
- Nepali Staff Emergency Rescue Flight
- 40 kegs per member for personal baggage
- Food for member & staffs for Base Camp
- Foam Mattresses, Dinning/Kitchen//Toilet/Store Tent, Hot Shower Tent,
- Tables & Chairs, All necessary Cooking gears,
- 1 Solar Pannel./ Gas heater for Base Camp
- 1 Gas Heater for Heat at Base Camp
- 1 High Altitude Tent for members & Sherpa
- High Altitude food for member & Sherpas
- 1 Base Camp Tent per members
- EPI gas / High Altitude Cooking Pot & Stove,
- 1 bottle oxygen with mask & Regulator for Medical Use
- All necessary Climbing route equipments
- International Air Cargo clearance & Government tax fee
Cost excludes Service:
- All Personal Climbing equipment,
- Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Insurance: Travel/Accident/Medical /emergency evacuation
- Sherpa Summit Bonus US$ 900 Climbing Bonus US$ 500 Per Sherpa
- Nepal entry Visa Fee US$ 40 per person
- Telephone & Laundry, Alcoholic beverages
- Emergency rescue evacuation cost if needed
- All other personal nature expenses.
- Passport photo copy (should be very clear with color scan) and validity minimum 6 months
- 4 photos – passport size
- Home address
- Copy of your travel insurance